Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Feta Beef Meatloaf

I'm pretty excited about this meatloaf. I love meatloaf and I combined several recipes to make this one. If you have a smaller family, you will want to use the leftovers to make meatloaf sandwiches. I went my whole life until eight months ago without a meatloaf sandwich. My husband could not believe his ears when I told him I had never had a meatloaf sandwich. I never want to live without them again! Now I cannot believe my mother let me go my whole life without a meatloaf sandwich. She is the world's best cook but she never made me a meatloaf sandwich! You start out with buttering two slices of bread like you would grilled cheese. Add a slice of meatloaf and slice of Velveeta and brown in a skillet on both sides until heated through and cheese is melted. One of my favorite foods. Period.
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2/3 cup dry oatmeal (I used quick oats)
  • 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon season salt (Lawry's)
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese!!!!!!! (Can you tell I LOVE feta)
  • 1/4 cup dried parsley
Combine all ingredients. Press into a greased loaf pan and bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.

I love to prepare this night before the day I'm planning to serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment