Thursday, August 18, 2011

Triple Meat Pizza Sub

I made this last night for supper! Dylan totally loved it (and I did too). He told me I am the perfect wife. That's how good this sandwich is. He even took the leftovers in his lunch today! I was so excited to make this yesterday so I could share it with you today! This was so simple and so good. You need to make this tonight for dinner! I adapted this recipe from my latest issue of Simple and Delicious. I made it a little healthier without sacrificing taste.
  • 1 cup (4 oz.) monterey jack cheese (I used reduced fat and it worked fine)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 loaf french bread or french baguette, halved lengthwise (so it opens like a huge sandwich)
  • 3/4 cup diced ham (or you could use deli ham)
  • 4-6 slices bacon, fully cooked and drained (use however many you need for the size/length of your bread)
  • Sliced Pepperoni (again, however many you need for the size/length of your bread)
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce
Mix together the cheeses, butter, mayonnaise, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, and pepper to make a sandwich spread. Spread over cut sides of bread. Layer ham, bacon, pepperoni and pizza sauce. Put the top of the bread on top so it now looks like a sandwich.

Wrap in aluminum foil. I did so that the seam of the foil was up so nothing leaked out into my oven. (I hate cleaning my oven!!!) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or 30 if you make this sandwich ahead of time. Make sure it's heated through before you serve it. Cut in slices to serve.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another excited recipe!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment