Monday, August 29, 2011

Pizza Chicken

I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. I have made a few small substitutions. This was even better the next day when I took it with me to work for lunch. Make sure to make an extra couple of chicken breasts solely for leftovers! I also fully prepared this dish the day before and baked the next day.
  • 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
  • 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
  • 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 2/3 cup pizza/spaghetti sauce
  • 15 slices pepperoni
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese to taste
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place in a 9x13 greased baking dish. Drizzle some olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet. Saute onion until tender but not brown. Add garlic and diced tomato. Simmer for about 10 minutes (until your tomatoes are cooked down how you like, I like mine cooked down quite a bit). Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cream cheese. Pour cream cheese/tomato mixture over chicken. Spread pizza/spaghetti sauce over chicken as well. Top with cheese and add the pepperoni. Bake covered at 350 for about 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.


I served this over pasta. I had a green salad on the side. Don't forget to make enough for leftovers as this was so good the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment