Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Easy Peasy Cake!

I love cake. It is probably my favorite food so you may see a few cake recipes before too long! I love this cake because it is so easy and so good. The fun thing about this cake is you can try many different combinations of cake mixes and puddings. This cake is so heavenly that my husband and I may or may not have eaten the entire thing in 36 hours. I have not made it since. It's addicting. I also like this cake because it does not have frosting on it. Much less guilt involved with eating. My favorite is chocolate so that is the one I will post for you today.

  • 1 chocolate cake mix
  • 1 can Thank You chocolate pudding (you can find it at Meijer in the baking aisle by the pudding mixes on the bottom shelf. I'm sure they have it other places too but I always buy it at Meijer).
  • 2 eggs
Mix the cake mix, pudding, and eggs. Spray a 9x13 inch pan and pour batter in to pan. Sprinkle with:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Other delicious combinations:
  • Strawberry cake mix, vanilla pudding, white chocolate chips
  • Yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, your choice of chips
  • Lemon cake mix, vanilla pudding, white chocolate chips
  • Yellow cake mix, butterscotch pudding (can be difficult to find in stores), chocolate chips
  • Chocolate cake mix, vanilla pudding, chocolate chips (this is not as rich as the recipe above)
Have fun creating your cake combination! Let me know what you try out!

1 comment:

  1. you should try making this one! http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/gooey_butter_cake/

    it's by paula deen, so i'm sure it's as bad for you as it gets....with all that butter she loves....

    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete