Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Wraps

If you are like me, sometimes you overwhelm yourself about what you are going to prepare for dinner. Many times I think "cooking" dinner means that I have to have this grand five course meal prepared and most nights that is not feasible! I have an even more difficult time in the summer coming up with dinner options because it is warm, I do not want to cook and many times warm weather brings poor appetites. (Although the last part never seems to be my problem). Lately, this has been my go-to dinner idea: Wraps! I have experimented with different types of tortillas (flour, corn, whole grain, and my favorite: spinach). I've used several kinds of meat such as ham, bacon, turkey, cut-up chicken breast, pretty much whatever you have in your fridge. Next, I usually add a cheese, also usually whatever I have in my fridge. I also add lettuce. These wraps have been more fun as vegetable have become ripe enough to pick from our garden. I have added tomatoes, banana peppers and green peppers as they have been ready. I add a little sauce of some sort to my wraps. My favorite so far has been Hidden Valley Ranch Farmhouse Originals Hickory Bacon and Onion. A little goes a long way. The options are endless making it so you never have the same meal twice. I usually add a salad on the side. I know these wraps sounds so simple but it's something I usually forget about and my husband LOVES to eat them. They sit easy on hot summer days. I usually make a few extras for lunch the next day. Try these! You will have a new summer favorite too!

No comments:

Post a Comment