Sunday, September 4, 2011

Turtle Sundae Ice Cream Dessert

I made this recently to take with me to a friend's house for dinner. It was a hit. It's the best of all sundae ingredients in one dessert. I also like it because it is super easy and fast to prepare. It took me about 10 minutes to make. You can add and subtract ingredients to fit your taste or party theme. You could probably try strawberry sundae sauce or crush different cookies to make variations. This makes a pretty big dessert in a 9x13 pan but you could make a smaller one in 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan.
  • 2 (12 count) boxes ice cream sandwiches (I used cookies and cream sandwiches and needed 22 for the dessert)
  • 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 6 ounces chopped nuts (I used mixed nuts but I also like chopped salted peanuts too!
  • chocolate syrup
  • caramel syrup
I used a glass 9x13 rectangle glass dish. I froze it for an hour before beginning. Place one layer of ice cream sandwiches (I used 11) in the bottom of the dish. You may need to cut some so they fit. Top with half of the whipped topping. Squiggle with as much caramel and chocolate as you want. Sprinkle with half of the nuts. Make another layer of ice cream sandwiches, cutting them so they fit the dish. Top with the rest of the whipped topping. Again, squiggle with as much caramel and chocolate as you wish. Sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top and your finished! Freeze for several hours. Before cutting, let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. This can easily serve 15-20 people!

No comments:

Post a Comment