Thursday, August 25, 2011

Feta Meatballs

I'm really excited about these! I know, I know, I said I don't like spaghetti. That was before I had these great meatballs! This recipe makes about 35 meatballs. We had some tonight and then I froze the rest for a quick dinner on another night. I served this with a jar of spaghetti sauce and spaghetti noodles. I never make homemade spaghetti sauce because I usually get jars of sauce for super cheap with coupons.
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped/minced
  • 1 carrot, grated (I promise, you can't even taste it and it adds great nutrition!!!)
  • 1/4 cup dried parsley (I suppose you could use fresh if you had it)
  • 2/3 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup feta cheese
  • 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey (I used beef)
Combine all the ingredients, working the meat as little as possible to keep the meat tender. I lined a cookie sheet with tin foil and used a cookie scoop to make each meatball the same shape (about a 1 and half inch ball). This makes really easy clean-up! Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until center of meatball reaches 165 degrees. Serve with cooked spaghetti and warm spaghetti sauce.

I cooled the extras completely before placing them in a freezer bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment