Monday, November 21, 2011

Pizza Rolls (like Cinnamon Rolls)

So, I am pretty excited about these! I saw this idea on Pinterest but could not find a recipe so I made up my own. I even took a picutre! These are really fun. Start by using your favorite pizza dough recipe. I used The Pioneer Woman's. I tried to find a link to it on her website and cannot find it. I have her cookbook and it's in there. Any pizza dough will do. If you use store bought, you will want a couple rolls of dough. Pioneer Woman's pizza dough recipe makes two pizzas and I was able to get 24 pizza rolls out of it. Enough for dinner tonight, lunches tomorrow and probably one more day of lunches for two people. Here's what you need toget started:

  • One recipe of pizza dough - enough for "two pizzas"
  • 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 2-3 cups shredded mozarella cheese
  • 4 ounce package pepperoni
  • Any other pizza toppings you desire, chopped
Roll the pizza dough into a large rectangle on a floured surface. Spread sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add pepperoni over entire rectangle of dough and any other toppings you want. Start on the long edge and roll into a long log. Take a 9x13 inch pan or large circle pan and spray with cooking spray. Cut one to two inch sections and place in pan so that you can see all the goodies inside (like a cinnamon roll). They can lightly tough in the pan, but do not cram them in. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment