Monday, November 7, 2011

Alfredo Lasagna Rolls

I made this the day I was going to eat it but it could be made the day before. I do not recommend freezing this though. These were super simple to make and reheated the next day at work great. They were also pretty because of the rolled lasagna noodles. I tried to take a picture for all of you but as I warned, I am an awful photographer and I am very embarrassed of how awful I am! I will not post that picture! This recipe could easily be doubled for a larger family. This makes 8 rolls so could feed about four-six people. If you have teenagers/big appetites, I would double it. I also like these because they are great for people who are watching their portions!
  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 2 cups Alfredo sauce (homemade or store-bought)
  • 2 Tablespoons parsley
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese (I used low-fat)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 8 lasagna noodles, boiled and drained.
Spoon enough Alfredo sauce on the bottom of an 11x7 inch pan to lightly cover the bottom.  In a separate bowl combine the ricotta cheese, chicken, mozzarella, garlic, and parsley. It will be a crumbly, dry mixture. Next, I placed all my lasagna noodles flat on a cutting board but you could use any flat, clean surface. I divided the cheese/mixture between the eight noodles. I spread the mixture across each noodle so each noodle was completely covered. Next, roll each noodle and place seam side down in the Alfredo sauce pan. You may need to stuff some of the filling back into the noodle. Cover the rolled noodles with the remaining Alfredo sauce. You can also add some additional mozzarella cheese on top if you choose (I did not). Cover and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. (You may want to add 5-10 minutes if you had these refrigerated).

1 comment:

  1. i'm making this tonight!!! my brother-in-law made it earlier this week and said it was delicious :)

    ReplyDelete