Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sarah's Chex Mix

It's that time of year again! Snacks, snacks, and more snacks! It may be one of my favorite things about Christmas. Today I whipped up some Chex Mix. I used half my own way and half of the recipe on the box! I normally do not make Chex Mix for no reason but Dylan loves Chex Mix. Dylan and I have started a devotional this week called The Love Dare. It is a 40 day devotional and each day gives you a challenge or task for the day to focus on your marriage. So far a lot of the devotional has been about being thoughtful and showing love through actions. It focuses on being intentional in the way you relate and treat your spouse. The challenge for today is to do something thoughtful for your spouse. The one way to man's heart is through his stomach, right? I made him Chex Mix. I think we will like this special treat I made for him!
  • 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex
  • 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
  • 1 cup pretzels
  • 1 cup roasted peanuts
  • 1 cup corn chips
  • 6 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pre-heat oven to 250. In a glass bowl melt butter in the microwave. Stir in seasoning salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl put Rice Chex, Corn Chex, pretzels, peanuts and corn chips. Pour butter/spice mix over top and stir gently until coated. Pour mix onto a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. After it is done baking, pour onto paper towels until cool. Store in an airtight container.

What thoughtful things can you do for spouse today?

No comments:

Post a Comment