Friday, December 9, 2011

Honey Mustard Bacon Chicken

I have had awful cravings for bacon lately. When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. It also reheated really well at work the next day and every one commented on how good it smelled. The chicken was really moist even after being reheated.
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I used reduced-fat and it worked just fine)
  • 5 strips of bacon
  • 3-4 small chicken breasts (I used two large breasts and cut them in half width-wise with a kitchen scissors.)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (I used colby jack, it's what I had on hand)
In a large pan, cook bacon on the stove. Meanwhile, mix mustard, honey, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. When the bacon is done, set aside. (I always set my bacon on a plate lined with a couple pieces of paper towel to absorb some of the grease.) In the same pan briefly cook chicken each side. I did about two minutes on each side, just enough to start cooking the chicken. Pre-heat oven to 350. In a greased 11x7 inch pan or 9x13 inch pan, lay each piece of chicken in the bottom. Smother with honey mustard mixture. Top with bacon and cheese. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment