Thursday, December 22, 2011

Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Roast and Potatoes

Dylan loves ranch flavored anything so when I came across this recipe on Six Sisters Blog I knew I had to try it. I had also been looking for good pork recipes. I like pork because it is a nice change from the usual chicken we eat. If you haven't noticed, many pork recipes contain fruit. I don't really do fruit and meat except during very rare occasions. It just really doesn't do much for me. I was excited to find this recipe! It was a hit!
  • 2 1/2 pound pork roast (I used a pork loin roast, Six Sisters used a pork shoulder)
  • 4-6 potatoes depending on size (I used six small potatoes)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (I used reduced fat and it was fine)
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
Start by spraying your slow cooker with cooking spray. Cut potatoes in half and place in bottom of slow cooker. Place pork roast on top. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, ranch mix, and chicken soup (I used a hand mixer). Spread evenly on top of roast. I cooked this on high for four hours. Six Sisters states that you can also do low for 9-10 hours. This makes a big meal and could probably serve eight people. I'm excited to take this with me to work tomorrow for round two! And I think we may be having it for supper tomorrow night too...

***If you have never been to Six Sister blog, check it out! They have great crafts and recipes!***

No comments:

Post a Comment