Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake



This cake truely is the best cake in the world. It involves basic ingredients so you do not have to make a shopping trip to the grocery store just to pick up the ingredients. I found this recipe in Pioneer Woman's cookbook. Not familiar with Pioneer Woman? Visit her here and get her recipe for her cake and make it today. The icing is absolutely the best part of the cake. Once cooled, the icing forms a glaze that is the best thing you will ever put in your mouth. Since this recipe makes such a huge amount, I either bring the cake with me to work (where it has recieved rave reviews) or I cut it into individual serving sizes, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze so that it can be packed in lunches. I usually do not put the nuts in as I'm not a huge fan of nuts.  You can also make these into cupcakes, although I have never tried it but have read about in my cookbook. Also, if you are making this for a special occasion, you can decorate with sprinkles before the frosting hardens. Go ahead, give this cake a try today!

1 comment: