Friday, October 28, 2011

Scalloped Corn Casserole

This could easily be my favorite food. I could eat a whole pan of this without reservation. I haven't, but I sure would like to! This is not the healthiest of dishes, so it best reserved for special occasions. I just got done preparing this dish for a family party tonight. This dish can be made the night before or earlier in the day and stored in refrigerator. Since it makes quite a big amount, it is also good warmed up the next day.
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 can whole kernel corn (or you can use 2 cups frozen or fresh corn)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar
  • 1 Jiffy box corn bread mix
  • 1 teaspoon minced onion
  • 2 eggs
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Cover and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until the center is no longer jiggly.

***Special Note*** This recipe can easily fit into a 2 quart casserole dish that is much prettier than a 9x13 inch pan. Do not give into the temptation to do so. It will take FOREVER to bake. I did this once when I was having my family over for dinner and I think we ate this right before our dessert!  This bakes fastest when it is not more than an inch deep in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment