Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins


I had a huge craving for something sweet yesterday. I really wanted to bake something but I lacked one major ingredient - BUTTER!!! I had a stick and half which I needed today to make cookies for church tomorrow. I was in my homebody mood and was not about to leave the house only for butter. I scoured recipes for something I could make without butter. I stumbled upon this recipe. I whipped them up as fast as I could. At first I was disappointed because I was expecting a cupcake like product. I remembered I made muffins and they are very good muffins! They have a dense muffin-like texture, no light like a cupcake. They also have a delicious smell!
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
Combine peanut butter and canola oil. Mix in sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to peanut butter/egg mixture. Stir until combined. Mix in chocolate chips. Grease muffin tins (I was able to make 14 muffins). Drop mixture into each muffin tin until each is 2/3-3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool before removing from tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment